How to Pick the Perfect Rose for Your Valentine
Are you planning to sort through the roses at the local florist?
Want to make sure that rose you give is perfect?
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! If you haven’t yet bought your sweetheart’s roses, you are in luck. Today, we are going to share with you a few tips on picking out the perfect rose. We are even going to share with you what the color of the rose will communicate.
When heading over to the florist, make sure you know a good flower when you see it. Here are five tips to finding that perfectly healthy rose.
5 Tips for Choosing the Perfectly Healthy Rose
- The head of the rose needs to be firm and hard.
- When you squeeze the middle of the rose head, it shouldn’t open. Instead, it should be able to stand the test of your squeeze.
- The perfect rose is going to be somewhere in between being open and being shut. If the rose is completely shut then it may not ever open and if it’s completely open then it might fade too quickly.
- Now it is time to check out the petals. Your perfect rose has hardly any veins on the petals. The more veins mean the older the flower.
- As for the stem, it should be dark green and a woody color.
What the Color of the Rose Says
In our article, The Meaning Behind Rose Colors, we explain what each rose color has to say when you give it to your valentine. If you are proposing tonight, you don’t want your rose communicating friendship. Here are some of the clues to picking out the perfect rose color.
- Red Roses: The color red communicates love, respect and of course romance.
- Deep Pink Roses: With a deep pink rose, you are communicating gratitude and appreciation.
- Light Pink Roses: You can communicate admiration with this color rose.
- Yellow Roses: While this color communicates joy and gladness, it also communicates friendship.
For more rose colors make sure to check out the article above.
Whether you are spending time with a special friend, or tonight is the night you propose, giving roses is always a great idea.
Happy Valentine’s Day from all of us at Rootwell Products, Inc.